2 Days 1 Nights
Mount Rinjani trekking for beginners hiker to Crater rim 2 days 1-night package start from Senaru village to the crater rim and camping intent, then the second-day return to Senaru village.this is the only Rinjani Trek package we recommended for beginner trekkers and family with kids.
Warm greeting from Lombok and Rinjani Trekking Info Team, thanks a lots forcontacting us,how are you? i hope are you going well there and have nice day. Glad to arrange your trip to Mount Rinjani on priode mentioned!.
Arrival Lombok – Transfers to Hotel
Arrival at Lombok Airport , or any others port in Lombok as Lembar/ Bangsal harbor ,Tluk Kodek or maybe from any main object tourist among ( Mataram, Senggigi, Kuta lombok,3 (Gilis Trawangan, Meno Air) and will pick up by our representative staff, then transfer to your hotel in Senaru where is the place you can meet with your trekking guide and porters then will briefing and explain the trekking procedure and prepare for your trips
Breakfast at base camp Senaru, lunch and dinner at mountain.
● Wake up at 6.00 AM and get breakfast
● Registration at Rinjani Rinjani Trekking Center ( RTC ) 1051m
● Start the trek to POS 1 ( Pos Pemantauan 900 M ) 2 hours walk, take a rest 10minutes at POS 1
● Walk to POS 2 for 1 hour ( Pos 1.500m ), take a rest 10 minutes
● Continue to POS 3 ( mondokan malokak 2,000m ), 1 hour walk. Lunch will be prepare atPOS 3 and take a rest for 2 hours.
● Continue walking up another 3 hours to Crater Rim ( Plawangan Senaru 2.639m ),Dinner and Overnight at Crarter Rim Senaru, enjoy sunset and sunrise for nextday.
Breakfast and Lunch at the mountain
● After breakfast and enjoying the sunrise prepare to walk down to Senaru village
● Lunch will prepare on the way between POS 2 or POS EXTRA.
● Arrive at Senaru village around 13.00 PM. pick up the rest of your lagguges and our driver will take you to your next destination in lombok.
- Pick up before and transfers after the trek.
- A night accommodation in Senaru before the trek
- Trekking guide and porters who will carry the cooking gear and camping equipment
- An experienced English speaking guide and professional porters
- Entrance fee to the national park
- Food and drinking water on the trek (3 litre mineral water a day/person)
- Tent, toilet tent and paper, sleeping bags and mattress, pillow
- Head lamp/hand torch
- Small bag/daily pack
- Trekking shoes,
- rainjacket, long pants,
- Airline ticket
- Extra porter for own luggage
- Tips for guide and porters
IS IT SAFE TO CLIMB MOUNT RINJANI?
Yes. Rinjani has a moderate and easily recognized track. Apart from “Act of God” incidents, as long as you listen to your mountain guide’s instructions and stay on the track, there is less risk of suffering any injury or accident. There are reported incidents where climbers lost their way, injured themselves or lost their lives on the mountain, but note that these usually happen when they leave the marked trail on their own and/or get deviated from their group.
HOW DIFFICULT IS TO TREK RINJANI?
For the majority of people, climbing rinjani is a very challenging experience. But anyone with a reasonable fitness level can manage to reach the crater rim, or even the summit. Porters are carrying all food and camping equipment, which makes it much easier for you to actually complete the trek.
The majority of the route represents a normal trekking path, although there is a harder portion in the last 1 hour just before reaching the summit. No rock climbing or technical climbing skills are needed.
The climb to the summit, is optional however. You can choose a package that doesn’t go to the summit, like the 2 days 1 night package. Or, you can choose a package that includes the summit climb (3 days 2 nights and 2 days 1 night), and decide at the end of the first day if you want to do it on the second day. If you feel that the first day was hard on your body and decide to skip the second day summit climb, you can always decide to do so.
IS THERE ANY HEALTH RESTRICTION?
It is highly recommended that all hikers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you are pregnant or have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Severe Anemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity (Overweight), Chronic Asthma, Muscular Cramps, Hepatitis (Jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber. You know your body best!
WHEN IS RINJANI OPEN FOR MOUNTAINEERING ACTIVITIES?
Rinjani is normally open for trekking and camping activities from 1st of April to 6th of January yearly. Moreover, the park will be closed for any of the activities from the 2nd week of January to the end of March (3 months) regarding to heavy rain which might en-dangerous lives.
WHEN IS IT CONSIDERED AS THE BEST TIME TO CLIMB MOUNT RINJANI?
April to June is considered the best time to climb because of the beginning of hiking season as well as the end of rainy-season. It means the green landscapes can still be seen and lower amount of hikers found during these periods. The very high trekking season is from the early of July and to the late August; the track will be hectic during these two months. Then September to the first week of January are also a good time to do hiking.
IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT TO CLIMB MOUNT RINJANI?
We suggest young children to be at least 10 year old due to the numerous steps and steep slopes. Similarly, elderly climbers need to be in good health and fitness level to attempt the climb.
WHAT KIND OF ALTITUDE SICKNESS HIKERS FREQUENTLY EXPERIENCE ON RINJANI?
Altitude sickness or Acute Mountain Syndrome (AMS) affects every individual differently and is regardless of fitness level. Most climbers will experience lightheaded or a mild headache, while a small percentage of climbers will suffer from nausea or vomiting. The symptoms of AMS vary for different people but include dizziness, fatigue, confusion, difficulty walking. If you are feeling any of these syndromes please take some minutes rest and drink lots of water